There's a selling myth that you should wait till springtime to sell your home. While spring is the busiest season for real estate sales, people buy homes 365 days a year. If you decide you need to sell your home in the off-peak season, emphasize its seasonal amenities.
1. Highlight your outdoor areas. This is your outdoor space's chance to shine. Clean your deck, porch, patio or outdoor kitchen, and repaint or make repairs if necessary. No deck? Arrange chairs or outdoor furniture in your yard to create the illusion of an outdoor room. Make necessary repairs to your home's exterior, including your siding and windows.
2. Spruce up your landscaping. Make sure your lawn and flower beds aren't languishing in the summer heat. Add pops of color to your entryway with potted plants.
3. Add value and security with lighting. Frame your walkways and driveways with lights for a stylish touch.
4. Don't skimp on the air conditioning. House hunters will want to escape the heat so make sure your home is nice and cool. Set the thermostat at a comfortable level, so it doesn't feel like an ice box either.
5. Play up the pool. A pool is a huge selling point during the sweltering days of summer. Keep yours clean and debris-free, and create a seating area near the pool where buyers can imagine themselves floating through the cool water.
6. Provide refreshments. Even though you likely won't be home for a showing, greet buyers like you would party guests. During the dog days of summer, set out a cool pitcher of lemonade for buyers. Anything you can do to make them linger a little longer can only help you sell.
Author:Jerry and Janna Burton Phone: 214-850-9014 Dated: September 16th 2016 Views: 154 About Jerry and Janna: Jerry and Janna Burton joined William Davis Realty in February, 2009. Both Janna and Jerry hold busi...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Bill Jordan Designated / Licensed Broker & Supervisor
WILLIAM DAVIS REALTY TOP 500 BROKERAGES IN THE USA
Texas Law requires all Real Estate licensees to give the following information about Brokerage Services
Consumer Protection Notice
GENERAL FINANCING QUESTIONS Tips for Homebuyers 1. WHA
"I recently relocated back to the Frisco area to be closer to my parents and needed a 3/2 in Frisco. Marla found and showed me homes exactly to my specifications and in a very short time I had put a contract down on one.
Thank you Marla for your promptness, professionalism and hard work.